Thursday, May 28, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,522637,00.html?test=latestnews

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."


Ok... the government is officially making me nauseous. The video above is a clear example of government getting too big and meddling without restraint in the lives of law abiding American citizens. I'm not an anarchist, I love my country, but our govenment has been and currently is going down roads it shouldn't even be on. I could rant on several different current issues but will try to restrain myself to this current video. If you've watched it, I hope you are as shocked as I am. The rebel in me says let's start having all of our church services in our home just to rock this boat and pick a fight!! I never would have imagined that in my country, the good ol' U S of A, officials of any level would be knocking on the doors of christian homes and calling their activities illegal. Will the church in America be forced underground? Never say never. (It's getting really bad when an optimist is writing stuff like this.)

3 comments:

Kristin Hope said...

...wow. Just...wow - yet I feel like this shouldn't surprise me. I just watched the Left Behind movie World at War - didn't like it as much as the other two, but it definitely still makes you think. I currently am attending a Bible study in someone's house - I honestly don't know how I would react if they were banned from having friends over until they got a permit....

God said these things would start happening. It just feels like they're happening faster than I expected...things have changed so much in my 29 years of life.

Michawn said...

that is crazy...and SO VERY scary!! dang.

a friend of mine writes a political blog...it's very informative and thought-provoking. just thought you might be interested in it.

http://capitalismisntforsissies.blogspot.com/

Liana said...

Thank you for posting this. It seems that under the current administration, government is stepping into more and more areas where it does not belong. I know that we as Christians need to stand together and do something about it...I just don't know what. Along those lines, I found it quite interesting that the final, winning word in the National Spelling Bee last night (which aired on national television) was "Laodicean". Is God trying to tell is something?